Osea is an exclusive private island enclosed by four miles of beaches and coastline. With an abundance of wildlife and rare birds, the island still maintains a special ambience best described as un-spoilt, and tranquil. Andrew Lloyd Webber recently featured the island as the backdrop for filming Superstar, the ITV television show with Jason Donovan, Mel C, Amanda Holden and of course Andrew Lloyd Webber. Osea’s tidal road was also featured in the film, Woman in Black, starring Daniel Radcliffe.
Osea has a large array of accommodation designed to make your stay a truly unique experience. From the luxurious 10 bedroom Manor House set a few steps from the beach, to a small hamlet of 14 beautifully appointed cottages in the village. The cottages evolved around the origional 17th Century Farm buildings which are clustered together at the centre of the Island, set 30 feet above sea level. The courtyard also houses six courtyard apartments. All accommodation is available to let on a weekly and short break basis.
We were recently featured in The Telegraph's "Enjoy England Trips" section. Click here to see the review.
Download the brochure for more information.
It's not just the destination that is unique, the journey onto the island involves crossing a tidal road built by the Romans connecting Osea to the mainland.
The tidal road is just over one mile long and is accessible by car at low tide. Of course for the less adventurous or if you miss the low tide, there is a water taxi, which can hold up to six people and take you across to the island.
On Osea there are opportunities to either engage in a range of sporting and outdoor activities or simply enjoy the chance to just relax.
Facilities for you to enjoy during your stay
- Gym (with state of the art equipment) & Sauna
- Mini viewing room with surround sound
- Book & DVD Film library
- Games room with table tennis, pool table and music
- Heated outdoor pool (available 30th April - October 1st)
- Beaches, sunbathing and sea swimming
- Yoga Studio by arrangement
- Ornamental pond housing approx 1000 carp
- Tennis Court
- Barbeque areas
- Home Farm & Wildlife: donkeys, pheasants, turkeys , rabbits, owls
and an abundance of bird species
- Orchard & Walled garden
Activities available to you at an additional cost
These activities must be pre-booked and purchased when making your reservation.
- Boat Hire (small fishing craft to Blackwater Barges with capacity of 50 people) must be pre-booked
- Cookery Classes - minimal numbers apply / Ideal for large groups
- Picnic baskets (summer season)
- Creative Workshops (Painting, drawing, creative writing, drama and music classes) - for large groups only
- Bird watching with instructor (Osea Island one of the rare places in England where all 5 species of English Owl can be seen)
- Afternoon Tea (min. 15 people)
- Personal Chef , or Maid Service
- Massage Treatments - high season or large groups
- Wine Tasting (min 12 guests)
- The island is self-catering, but for large parties why not hold your event in the The Chapel, set menus provided and ideal to celebrate birthdays, anniversaries and large family get togethers. There is a small hire fee.
These activities can be purchased during your stay
- Sea Fishing - fishing off Osea Island
- Island Walking Tours
- Binocular Hire
We look forward to welcoming you to Osea Island and making your stay with us a memorable and unforgettable experience.